Friday, July 3, 2009

All this information

Friday July 3, 2009 my brother and I left for his home. Looking over the information and pictures I have aquired I am truly amazed.

38 new documents that I never had before
4 pictures of Mencer ancestors I had never seen before
28 pictures of gravesites that I did not have

These items filled in a lot of gaps in my family tree. Each document above has verification or first finding of from 1-5 facts each. Each gravesite picture has documentation of 1-3 facts each. All of these records together probably will give me hundreds of new things to chase after.

I am truly amazed at the amount of information I was able to find and the degree of detail I found.

My suggestion to anyone who has never gone to the Allen County Library Genealogy Center is to have a list (8-10 to start) of documents you need or facts you want to prove. Take them with you and rather than try to find them yourself, ask someone where you can find them. It will save a lot of time and they are very willing to help.

I will post a final wrap up tomorrow making sure to tell you a little more about the other relatives that we met and what my brother and I have planned for the future.

Thanks for the kind words from so many of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment